PERSONAL STATEMENT: I am a personable, enthusiastic and motivated geek. I take great pride in building systems that help communities, external or internal, connect and communicate through technology and the tools it provides. I love a challenge and enjoy learning new things.
COMMENDATIONS: In 2011 at Stearns County I was awarded "Rookie of The Year” for exceeding expectations on web projects and for my contributions to an award winning website redesign and information architecture. As an engineer at NativeX, I was commended for my passion for technical communication, documentation, user experience and overall quality of product. I was the go to person for client-side product knowledge and understanding product capabilities.
INTERESTS: When I can pull myself away from my computer I enjoy reading, painting, biking, hiking, exploring and relaxing. I love music, animals and nature and hope to spend more time scuba diving in 2015.
LANGUAGES SPOKEN: Native English & Basic French
8 years in Information Technology: Software Engineering, Software Documentation, Web Development, Technical Support & Training, Technical Communication
7 years in Hospitality & Tourism: Barista at Cafe
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Product Design & Development
- User Interface Design & Development
- User Experience & Web Accessibility
- Technical Communication & Documentation
- Content & Knowledge Management
- Project Management
- Systems Management
- Graphic Design
- Wire Framing
- Team Building
- Telerik/Kendo UI
- Google Apps
- Jenkins CI
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Creative Suite
- SharePoint Collection Administration
- SharePoint Designer
St. Cloud State University - Bachelors of Science Degree
Applied Computer Science Major & Graphic Design Minor
May 2010 (Honors: Cum Laude)
March 2014 - April 2015, iOS Engineer
- Art inspired creative writing web application for artists, writers, kids, adults, students, teachers and classrooms.
- Lark - Storybird's first iOS app devoted entirely to poetry. Make and share beautiful poems, connect with friends, and get a daily dose of inspiration.
June 2012 - March 2014, iOS Software Engineer
- Increased revenue for tier 1 global gaming companies by engineering innovative iOS mobile app monetization product.
- Provided a high quality SDK by translating complex business requirements into usable and stable software solutions.
- Decreased need for mobile product integration support by creating and updating technical documentation for REST API services and all mobile platforms.
- Promoted more knowledgable sales and business staff by providing technical product training and understandable product documentation.
- Designed, developed, tested, implemented, and refactored using agile methodologies.
May 2010 - June 2012, Web Support Specialist
- Built award winning website by working with web and mobile application development companies to implement solutions that meet the needs of both departments and citizens while working with existing frameworks.
- Provided high quality government websites through web content and user management support for a .NET CMS platform and Adobe Contribute.
- Boosted cross-department collaboration by creating valuable user documentation and training materials for departmental content editors.
- Improved and maintained ASP.NET/VB intranet through design and implementation of dynamic forms, ASP web applications, site branding and user experience using Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Increased citizen involvement by implementing, supporting and training internal users on social media tools, online meeting management application, live help systems and other vertical web applications.
- Promoted focus on design quality by consulting and working on a wide variety of graphic design projects: including image optimization for the web, multimedia graphics, digital newsletters, typography, logos, flyers and other promotional materials.
2007 - 2014, Web Designer/Developer
- Designed and implemented web environments for small local businesses, non-profits or personal sites using content management systems, web applications, social media and custom software development.
- Included: Wordpress, Joomla, Hosting services, Domain management.
- Current Clients:
- Logo touchup and vectorization
- Public website and blog powered by Wordpress
Wordpress site using YooTheme widgetkit and modified YooTheme template and css. Client galleries powered by zenfolio. Wrote documentation to help Jen manage her own wordpress site.
- Logo design
- Business cards